In the 1985 model year, compact cars classified by the EPA included Ford’s Escort and Tempo as well as the Chevrolet Cavalier. For the 2019 model year, the best sellers were the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic.
Best Cheap Compact Cars
- 2020 Kia Forte. We went back and checked — more than once — but it's true.
- 2020 Hyundai Elantra.
- 2020 Volkswagen Jetta.
- 2020 Subaru Impreza Sedan.
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan.
- 2020 Subaru Impreza Hatchback.
- 2020 Honda Civic Sedan.
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hatchback.
2021 Toyota Cars and Minivan
- 2021 Toyota Corolla. Starting Price: $20,780. Compact Sedan and Hatchback.
- 2021 Toyota Prius. Starting Price: $25,486.
- 2021 Toyota Camry. Starting Price: $25,965.
- 2021 Toyota Sienna. Starting Price: $35,635.
- 2021 Toyota Avalon. Starting Price: $36,870.
- 2021 Toyota Supra. Starting Price: $43,985.
The definition of compact cars are cars that are bigger than a supermini and smaller than a mid-sized car, and are defined by the US Environmental Protection Agency as having an interior volume between 100 to 109.9 cubic feet. An example of a compact car is a Toyota Corolla. noun. A small and economical car.
Toyota Prius C
|Toyota Prius c/Aqua (NHP10)|
|Battery||0.9 kWh Nickel-metal hydride|
|Wheelbase||2,550 mm (100.4 in)|
|Length||3,995–4,060 mm (157.3–159.8 in)|
The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations and It Still Runs define compact cars as a North American vehicle class that lands between mid-size and subcompact vehicles. Small, or compact, cars have between 100-109 cubic feet of combined passenger and cargo volume, and are between 161 and 187 inches long.Jun 11, 2020